Sunday, November 15, 2009

unveiling!

You may notice that things are a little different around here, and you are correct! Not only will you notice the new banner, courtesy of Michelle, but my blog also has a new title! Welcome to "A Square with Flair," the blogosphere documentation of my life.

The new name came to me last Tuesday while I was with Charlotte. I was telling her about my cooking lab partner Seth who thinks I'm bizarre. Weekend plans often come up during Friday cooking labs, and he has yet to grasp the fact that I stay in my apartment, knitting and watching movies. Seth spends his own Saturdays hunting, hiking, and exploring caves, and I don't think that he sees the fun in rolling yarn balls and making up new glove patterns. I do, however.

Seth helps me see me for the square that I am. I don't participate in extreme sports. I go to bed on time and get up early. I play by the rules. I knit and make bread on the weekend. I'm an aspiring accounting major, for Pete's sake. While my fellow college students stay up watching movies, dancing to loud music, and not doing homework, I stay in and do what I love. I may seem squarish to many, but I do what I do in style. I'm a square, but I do it with flair.

To celebrate the opening of my redesigned blog, I'm conducting my first ever blog giveaway! If you are reading this, leave a comment. If this is your first time commenting, introduce yourself, because I want to hear from you! Now is the time to come out of the wood work, because you could win a custom-knitted piece courtesy of your favorite square.

How do you like to the new look?
If you could have something knitted for you, what would it be?

Comment asap, because I will determine a winner on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

Claire said...

Hello,
My name is Claire and I'm a first time blogger...
ok,so that was lame. But I do like the idea for your new blog!
If I could have a knitted item I would like a scarf or maybe some mittens?

Serin said...

Love the new banner and title, very cute! There's nothing wrong with being a square, I probably fit in that category too. ;)

I am in need of a scarf, but I'm not sure what color my newly knitted hat is and I wouldn't want them to clash. lol

Denise said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW TITLE AND BANNER!!! (And as you know, on the whole I disparage the use of multiple exclamation points, so I must really mean it).

You are the most darling, amazing, flair-filled "Square" I've ever known and I love you for it.

Dish cloths. You can never have too many.

Charlotte said...

Hey, I'm Charlotte, and I'm a regular reader. I must say that I'm loving the new title and look, because if anyone can be a square with flair, it's you. And since I am a close relation, I doubt I'll win. But I like to comment because we are related. And if I were to have someone knit me something it would be a ruffled scarf.

Shiny said...

Hi there, the name's Cheyne. Don't think I've met you before, but I stumbled across this blog and though it was interesting. I'm a fan of sports and activities, so I'm thinking I would do the exact opposite here, but you've given me an enlightening look inside a world I've never known; knitting. You're clever new blog title almost makes me want to learn how to be as sqaurely awesome as you, even though I've never met you. I believe I'd get along quite nicely with that kid Seth, I do declare!
Oh, I know I've never met you and have no idea who you are, I'm still waiting for that iPod cover;)

Daniel said...

Love the new look, but I miss your tag line from your old blog. It was something about your daily efforts at being awesome. I always thought that was a nice touch. Any way it can find its way back?

Oh, and a tie.

michelle said...

Hang on, designing your own glove patterns?? I need more info on that, please.

I love your new blog name, it is such a great description! I'm square, too, but I don't have nearly as much flair as you...

Karen said...

I love your new blog! It is so perfect! Just for the record, I think it's weird that Dan wants a tie. I think I would want a scarf. I love scarves!

April said...

I loved the old banner quite a bit, I thought it was so fitting. But, I do love the new one too, especially after the story introducing it!
I don't think you can have too many scarves and I am coveting Miranda's ruffly scarf! :)

Pam Chris Heiny said...

Awesome banner!

thepostproducer said...

Aw I LOVE the new look too! Don't worry though Em I think I equal if not rival your squarishness =)
(Yes, its true, by the way, I do still read your blogs regularly I have just neglected mine to the max!) I love you and miss you lots! =) Q

steve said...

square...

huh...

I'm not sure that's a word I would have ever associated with you - but hey, that's just the opinion of a real bonafide nerd.

You definitely have flair. I don't want any knitted goods. Just thought I would check in as a faithful reader.

keep it up.

Susan said...

I love the new banner! I love squares (especially with flair, which you definitely have). I guess I would consider myself a square as well, as would manyof my employees...good orbad!

Love it all. Keep up the good work.

Diana said...

Your new blog name is great. I loved this post, I can see you sitting in your apartment doing all those things. I wish I would have done more of what I loved when I was your age instead of trying to be like everyone else which I clearly wasn't. Good for you!
Michelle did a great job on the banner.

Melissa Marilyn said...

Love it. Love you! I am a dedicated reader, though I rarely comment. I guess you could say I'm a blog stalker!

I really want knitted gauntlets with ribbon. ;) in lavender preferably. to match my new coat which you will see in just a few days.

Fred said...

Yep! Very nice banner. And you are my favorite square (with lots of flair!).
(Anyone for a trip to Senor Burrito)?

brooketolman said...

If i could have anything knitted for me i would have someone knit me a socktopus. See here for detailes.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#1ANGP0/knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTsocktopus.php/

Jill said...

I think your new banner and title are fabulous. It think it's great that you know what you love to do and are comfortable spending your time doing it. There are so many college kids who think they have to be out doing stuff all the time for fear of missing something, but really what's the point of that?