Saturday, November 14, 2009

miscoordination

I'm normally very conscientious about my outfit choices. When planning, I take into account pattern, texture, color, shape, and style to put together complete, cohesive, ensembles. I consider outfit compilation a hobby, and a very rewarding one at that. For me, a good outfit is key to a good day. I can often be found in my apartment at night giving new ensembles a test run so that I can make any necessary adjustments before I'm in get-to-class crunch time. Unfortunately, I cannot select the weather that accompanies my outfits, so some days I end up walking home like this:

Holy pattern, Batman!

I'm not afraid of pattern, which is why I have loved this jacket since the moment I saw it on a Macy's clearance rack. Similarly, I purchased this umbrella for it's splashy, bright polka dotted pattern. I'm all for mixing patterns, but even for me, this is a little much. I had no choice, though, because a rain storm picked up as I was leaving the library on Thursday night. Walking home, I got a laugh from thinking about the amount of pattern and color about my person.

In a moment of far superior outfit compilation, my roommates and I all happened to put on coordinating Sunday outfits last week. We couldn't have put together a better spread of color and pattern if we had tried!

How's that for a catalog-worthy mix of colors and pattern. I love it! It was so fun to be a part of this group!

Do you wear bold patterns?
Do you like accidentally coordinating other people?
What factors, if any, go into your outfit planning?
While reading this, did you think, "Man, this girl's freak. Who test-runs outfits?"

5 comments:

Denise said...

Of course I did not think, "Man, this girl's a freak," because I know from whence her penchant for outfit planning and coordination springs. We simply can't help it if we were born with the Vanity gene.

Love the photo of you and your roommates!

michelle said...

I. love. that. jacket. SO cute! If a sudden rainstorm arrived, forcing you to wear it with that darling umbrella, well that can't be helped.

Way cute picture of you and your roommates! And yes, I do enjoy accidentally coordinating with others.

This post brought back memories of me and my mom in the summer, getting ready for school to start. We would go to my room and have a fashion show, putting together different ensembles, mixing and matching, and even going so far as to write down said ensembles in a notebook...

Jill said...

Those two patterns are really quite something, I bet you turned a few heads.

Claire said...

Who doesn't give outfits a test run?

Melissa Marilyn said...

You are a darling girl after my own heart!