Saturday, February 20, 2010

flexible schedule

Plan A: For most of the week, I decided to keep my Saturday free of social obligations here in Provo so that I could head up to spend Saturday at Michelle's house.

Plan B: My studying today did not commence until later than I planned, so I thought that I would stick around my apartment and get stuff done. Also, Jordin is in town for the first weekend in a while, and we thought it would be fun to make dinner together, and then I would teach her the purl stitch. (She learned casting on and the knit stitch last night.) Since I decided to stick around here, I never did text Dan to see if I could use his car.

Plan C: Jordin and I returned from the library around 6 to find that our roommates bought "My Sister's Keeper," and planned on watching it. I'm not a Jodi Piccoult fan, especially when my roommates have been talking all week about how much the movie made them cry and will anyone else with a heart do the same. I do have a heart, but I prefer for it not to be manipulated by Abigail Breslin's irritating acting. Feeling that Jordin and I could at least hang out after the movie, I grabbed my knitting and endured the "I'm important too!"s coming from the tv.

Plan D: Michelle called about 30 minutes into the movie, seeing if I was still coming over. The prospect of "Project Runway" with her family was too much to pass up, and it was only 7:15, so I decided to find a way up to Orem.

Plan E: Dan was out of his apartment and understandably unable to respond to my last-minute request to borrow his car, so I watched another 20 minutes of the movie before giving up and turning to my computer for some blogging. I am now sitting on my couch, in my wolf shirt, about to read for anthropology because Jordin got tired of knitting and went to a dance party.

Bright side: I'll get ahead on my reading for next week, and I may even have time to repaint my nails and write some Good Mail. Also, I can probably make it to Michelle's tomorrow after my Relief Society dinner for some family time.

4 comments:

michelle said...

I'm bummed that you didn't make it! Let me know if you need a ride over tomorrow...

I just don't think I could do My Sister's Keeper. The book was bad enough!

Shiny said...

You don't like Abigail Breslin??? Have you seen Definitely, Maybe? Little Miss Sunshine? These might help change your mind:)

Oh and Bryan is probably the only person in the world who wouldn't cry during My Sister's Keeper.

Daniel said...

Plan A: Call Emily when I get home and let her use my car like she asked.

Plan B: Totally forget to do that and feel stupid while reading her blog post the following morning. Apologize.

I'm so sorry. I totally forgot when I got home. I hope I didn't ruin your evening...

Jill said...

They played that movie on my flight back from Paris, and even though I was buckled into my seat and should have been a captive audience and would have no part of it! I read my book and slept instead. Seriously...they BOUGHT the movie? That's a commitment.

Thank you so much for wonderful card you sent me last week!! I loved your design and really loved your kind words. Thanks!