
So, I was sitting in Bio 100 yesterday, and I looked over and was caught off guard to see a girl peeling off the top skin of an avocado, then proceed to eat it with a spoon. Raw. I realize that most people, like my Mom, would find this completely acceptable, and perhaps even envy her snack. I, however, was disturbed. She just went to town with that avocado, carving out bite after bite with her spoon, digging around the pit, and scraping the last bits from the inside of the skin after she was finished. I don't know why I was so perturbed by this act of morning snackery, but I sat there a couple rows behind the Guacamole Girl, watching in horror. Maybe it's because I've tried avocadoes and I think they're gross, or because it was so random, but I had issues. Or maybe it was because she was so into her avocado, that the whole act seemed way too personal for the middle of a Bio 100 lecture. More likely, I'm just bizzare, seeing as I didn't notice any other students staring in shock at the girl eating the strangely green and mushy fruit. (Is is even a fruit?) Weird.
Have you ever been caught off guard and disturbed by a stranger's behavior in public?
8 comments:
Yes, it is a fruit. LOL. Funny story. You've never tried an avacado?! You're missing out, girlfriend.
I am not horrified by the avocado itself, as they are most often eaten raw and they are oh-so-delicious! I agree, however, that it seems an odd "act of morning snackery" during class time.
This post gives me such a great idea. We used to have a man in our ward that ate noisy bags of chips during Sacrament meeting. Now I am thinking that I could bring avocados and enjoy their deliciousness during the boring parts of church. It's a yummy and quiet snack!
Ha I think that your completely horrified reaction is the best part.
I agree with Charlotte -- your horrified reaction was the funniest part for me.
I love avocados and would happily eat one at any time of day, but it does seem like a strange thing to be eating during class...
In response to your question....I'm just glad that I am not around to be disturbed by your "quirky actions"......
tee hee.
I was wondering, however, how else are avacados eaten???? I've never sauted one, roasted one, fried one, or baked one......
always raw! YUM!
I'm going to have one for lunch tomorrow, I just decided!
One time in undergrad a girl sitting a row ahead of me took out a block, (I kid you not, a BLOCK) of cheddar cheese and started eating it. She made some good progress too. I was appalled.
Post a Comment