Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Another Reason Why the Snooze Button is Dangerous
I had a date last night that prevented me from getting to bed by 10:00, so I let myself sleep in today. However, I got caught in the cycle of the snooze button, and had the weirdest, most frustrating dream ever. I was helping Mom and Grandma with a cake buffet for refreshments after a program or fireside at church. The ceremony (I think it may have been a wedding) included the lighting of candles, and before long, the smoke from them set off the fire sprinklers. I, thinking only of the cakes, dashed off to move them to a safe, dry, location. While I was trying to organize the buffet the way Mom and Grandma planned, however, ladies from the Relief Society and one of the home schooled girls were just setting them out on tables with no tablecloths, and serving them messily to the hungry masses. I was so distraught because order was completely breaking down, when Mom came in and got upset with me due to the lack of tablecloths. Apparently, I should have done a better job with crowd control. I woke up feeling horrible for letting the cake buffet deteriorate so, and had to shake myself of the frustration and guilt before I could get up. Weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh,dee!!
That was some nightmare!! And, entertaining, as usual. Order is always at the top of my list, but sprinkler ruined cakes might have to top that!
And, how was the date?
That is just about the most funny dream ever! No tablecloths AND sprinkler-ruined cakes--EEEk!
That is hilarious. I always have my weirdest dreams if I go back to sleep in the morning.
I hope your date was worth it!
That did make me chuckle :) Good thing it was a dream, eh?
Post a Comment