My wardrobe is the result of years of bargain shopping punctuated by coupon-assisted splurges. (Mostly on Gap jeans. I believe that good jeans are the basis for a strong wardrobe.) My wardrobe has depth, given to it by generous contributions from Susan and Grandma. I love that the pieces come from many different places and many different people.
My clothes have power in them. When I wear a piece made for me by my mother or made by Grandma years ago for herself, I feel special. I feel loved. I feel beautiful. My wardrobe has grown and changed with me, and I have seen only improvement. Its identity has developed as my own has. And I like where it's going.
7 comments:
I love this post! I love the thought that your clothes make you feel special and loved, and that they have power. You go, girl.
Ah, the power of style! But what I love most about you is your righteous style. Now that is power.
Now if only we could find you some sparkly red tennis shoes!
Amen to all comments! There definitely is power well-rounded wardrobe.
I love your wardrobe as well! Sometimes I love my wardrobe and sometimes I don't. Right now I'm more on the loving side. And today I'm wearing Grandma's red patent leather Danskos, and while you think they look like boats, I love them, and I love that they were Grandma's. I'm sure you can relate to that!
I'm printing this post and putting it in my closet to further my quest in "finding style." Seriously, I need your help so much Emily.
You have seven pairs of skinny jeans. This blows my mind. The best I can ever do is having two pairs of wearable jeans. I have much to aspire to (not to mention Charlotte's 31 skirts/dresses)!
Amen to everything Miranda said.
I have just recently made a purchase that gives me 2 pair of wearable jeans. Neither of them skinny, that goes without saying. I am a little lost with my style, and I think money has a great deal to do with that, sadly.
Yours is enviable. (style and wardrobe both) And I agree about the Danskos.
Post a Comment