Last night after dinner we set to work to clean up our front walk and plant two new rose bushes. It was a little chilly, but we donned jackets and enjoyed our evening together outside. Grandpa, the constant people-watcher, stood by and observed the digging and composting.

We're all especially happy with the ground cover that has come back from last year. Our tulips were in bloom for a bit, but they're gone now, so Mom, Sarah, and I pulled the weeds and tulip remains.

I think that I prefer weeding in chilly weather to hot weather. I am able to endure the crouching and pulling longer when I am not sweating.

Sarah abandoned the task of weeding in lieu of clogging on the sidewalk. She's so good! I'm so amazed by how fast and rhythmically she moves her feet.

Inspired by her quick feet, I asked for a tutorial. As in all matters requiring coordination of limbs, I am hopeless. I quickly broke into improvised foot work.
After failing as a student, I settled on playing metronome to Sarah's practicing. (She has a competition coming up) Forgive the sideways angle. I don't know how to rotate it.
It was good to see Grandpa in his element, advising on plant care. He has such a wonderful green thumb. I definitely did not inherit that trait. Plants die in my care.

He even agreed to a self portrait! I'm so glad that he's felt like spending time with our family. He comes over for dinner most nights, and it's nice to have him around.

5 comments:
Grandpa has indulged me in self-portraits as well. I love that.
I'm so happy to see him wearing his cute jeans! Grandma must be so proud that he's not dressing like an old geezer, even when she's not around.
Just a little gardening fyi: it is usually recommended that you leave the tulip foliage until it dies back. Although somewhat unsightly, it feeds the bulbs to prepare them for blooming the following year.
This post pulls on my heartstrings just a little bit, but I love seeing the everyday doings of our family! The clogging videos made me laugh. I'm so glad that Grandpa wants to spend time with all of you; I'm sure it helps him with the adjustment.
I love you all SOOOO much!
Looks like you guys had a productive evening :) I can't wait to see what all your hard work looks like when I come this summer.
We have the cutest grandpa created since grandpas were invented! I love the SP with him!
What an entertaining account! I love the photos of all and especially seeing Grandpa having something to do.
The clogging tutorial was funny!
Give me sun to weed in anyday.
Post a Comment