Monday, April 12, 2010

false start

My day started like this:
:: Wake up to freakishly early alarm, set by foolishly abitious self
:: Decide to sleep until work instead of work on written final
:: Smash knee into Jordin's desk chair on my way back into bed
:: Wait for painful throbbing to subside in knee before falling back asleep
:: Have bizarre dreams
:: Wake up to later alarm, fall out of bed, turn off alarm, and sleep some more
:: Wake up with just enough time to get ready and get to work
:: Discover unraveling of sweater sleeve
:: Knee still hurts; wait for ugly bruising

The good news, however, is that my nails match my sweater, I'm wearing my metallic accented sneakers and freshly laundered skinny jeans, I have an iPod full of new music from my brother, and I only have a week and a half of studying and finals until my family is here and we get to celebrate Charlotte's graduation.

6 comments:

michelle said...

You banged your knee AND later fell out of bed?? Not a great start. I like your optimism, though. It's always good to have something to look forward to!

p.s. I should have sent you home with some cake.

jt said...

I think being so cute makes up for a lot.

Charlotte said...

I love it that your nails match your sweater. Way to be.

Denise said...

Not an auspicious beginning, but it sounds like your attitude is a good one.

One week from tomorrow we'll be there!

Susan said...

You're just too cute. That's all I have to say.

Jill said...

Getting an injury on the way back to bed is just too cruel.