Friday, April 9, 2010

second-hand boucle

Over Thanksgiving break, I had the pleasure of diving into Grandma's treasure trove of old clothes and taking my pick of handmade, unique pieces. I selected a couple of beautiful suits that Grandma made for herself, but had yet to work them into my wardrobe. That changed on Thursday morning. As I was dressing for the day in dress pants and a nice shirt (I had a presentation in my business class that required formal attire) I decided that I didn't want to wear dress pants and a nice shirt. I don't like dress pants. And the weather promised to provide a beautiful springtime day. I wanted to dress springy. Done and done.

Looking into my closet, my eyes fell upon the citron boucle citron suit, still on its dry cleaning hanger. Combined with a nice cream tee shirt, pearls, and pointy toed, brown heels, I was ready to ace any presentation. I felt wonderful strutting my stuff around campus, wearing big sunglasses and enjoying the sunshine. There is something magical about that high-waisted pencil skirt.
I snapped a self portrait while reading in the JFSB courtyard after work, loving the warm sunshine on my face and the peaceful fountain splashing in the background.


5 comments:

Miranda said...

absolutely fabulous, Emily!

michelle said...

Again, I say: how many grandmothers have wardrobes that their granddaughters want to wear?? If only I could fit into her clothes...

You look adorable.

Diana said...

You look so beautiful my friend.

jt said...

Wish that I could fit into second-hand boucle- Love it. So cute- grandma, the skirt, you.

Denise said...

And to think that Lee was doubting that any of Grandma's young relatives would want any of her clothes! Silly man. . . .