Tuesday, January 26, 2010

good and not-so-good

Not-so-good: I'm almost out of food and don't have time or money for grocery shopping until Friday. I'm down to one can of green beans, a quarter bag of Goldfish, and one can of Diet Pepsi. I'm also completely out of apples. Seeing as these are my staples, this is bad. I'm looking forward to this weekend, when I will have time and resources with which I can make a huge meal and eat until I'm full and completely satisfied.

Good: I work at a place where there is food enough for me to scrounge together lunches (and semi-dinners) this week, since the lunch-preparing supplies at my apartment are limited.

Not-so-good: I left the apartment today to a sink full of dirty dishes and a messy living room, expecting to return to the same sight.

Good: I came home tonight to a beautifully cleaned and organized apartment! Our storage closet in the back hasn't been this tidy ever. I wanted to cry when I saw the sparkling sink, empty dishwasher, and tidy living room. I'm tired and have a lot to fit into the next three days, but everything is okay because my roommates cleaned the apartment.

*What are you goods and not-so-goods for today?

10 comments:

Claire said...

Not so Good: I got into a minor accident and now the hood of my car is bent.

Good: My roommate bought me one of those huge Symphony bars with toffee bits in it to help me feel better.

Denise said...

Not-so-good: The ping pong table is a MESS of ironing, fabric, pattern pieces, papers, empty Coke cans, and costume notes, such that I can't find my sharp scissors needed to cut out my next project.

Good: I'm on my last polka-dotted satin dance team top! HOORAY!

Karen said...

Not-so-good: I have an abstract algebra test today and I have no idea what will be on it.

Good: Colt and I found a place to live this summer and next year.

michelle said...

Not-so-good: I'm super tired and can never seem to get enough sleep. Now I don't feel like exercising.

Good: I'm going to make ranger cookies today. (maybe that's not quite so good in light of the non-exercising...)

Hey, I have a pretty busy day, but if you can catch a ride over, I can stock you up with food!

michelle said...

p.s. I don't know how you feel about navy bean soup, but I'm making it for dinner...

Charlotte said...

Not-so-good: Post-graduation life is vastly overwhelming me.

Good: I'm all dressed up today to go to the career fair to feel out my options and make a stellar impression. And I have McCarthy class today.

Shiny said...

Not-so-good: I just realized I might not be in attendance at Coors Field to see a Rockies game for a very long time.

Good: I'm moving to Utah in less than two weeks, which means I'll replace missing Rockies games by going to BYU games!

Melissa Marilyn said...

Not-so-good- No hot water and heat today meant that I was cold and didn't get a shower.

Good-catching up on your blog, having a great rehearsal where everyone was memorized, and having a low-key night with my BFF.

Jill said...

Not so good: I seem to be going through an ugly phase and am battling zits and an itchy nostril...boy do I feel pretty.

Good: It was Creative Friday

Susan said...

Good: New York market is almost behind me.

Not so good: the horror of starting another move is looming just around the corner. Oh dee!