I love long weekends because the extra day off from classes mean that I can put off homework and spend almost an entire Saturday doing the household tasks that keep me sane. Today, I did a little bit of accounting homework, but soon abandoned academic pursuits for Big Gulps and a Red Box rental of "Julie and Julia" with Charlotte. The movie was great and made me look forward to the day when I will have a kitchen that's all mine and can read cookbooks and try new recipes. I really loved something that Julia Child says in the movie about not apologizing or making excuses for what you make. Whenever I take baked goods somewhere, I always find myself apologizing for some aspect of the item, but Julia changed my ways today. No more apologizing for me. When I share my food with people, I will take it and be happy with how it is.
My unapologetic culinary ways will begin tomorrow when I take two giant cupcakes to Relief Society. If I do say so myself, however, there isn't much that calls for apology with these cakes. Unlike my
last attempt at giant cupcakes, neither of these exploded nor came out of the pan in multiple pieces. Hooray! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well when I frost the cakes tomorrow morning.

In between the sister movie/knitting time and cake baking, I did three loads of laundry, including towels and sheets, meaning that I get to hop into a clean, freshly made bed in about half and hour. In fact, the anticipation of putting on pajamas and hopping into bed amid Tide-fresh cotton is strong enough to keep me waiting for my pictures to load. My apologies for the lack of visuals.
Oooh! One just popped up! I'll be sure to post photos of the completed cakes, sans apologies.
May your sheets feel as wonderful as mine tonight!
4 comments:
I washed my sheets yesterday, too, and similarly was planning to post about the joys of freshly-laundered sheets.
Your cake looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the finished product.
I love it. But I hope this doesn't mean you'll be too busy to come over tomorrow!
I can't wait to see the decorated cakes! I heard about those pans from your mom!
I too, love clean sheets! Why doesn't everyone love them enough to wash them??!! That is a puzzle to me. I recently changed to some new way cute gray flannel plaid ones, but I miss my fresh all cotton ironed ones! (but not the ironing!!). Clean, fresh smelling sheets are the best! Hope you enjoyed your night's rest.
No long weekend for me, but late Sunday meetings were pretty sweet!
I love days of domesticity like this and I really love sliding into clean sheets at night!
Post a Comment