Conference Weekend! I love conference so much, and am so grateful that my family always makes it a focus of the April and October weekends when it occurs. I felt so inspired and uplifted and motivated to do better. I love all of the messages emphasizing regular scripture study, prayer, and temple attendance. I was grateful for the messages about our Savior's atonement and His suffering for all of our sins and pains. Not only were the messages from Conference wonderful, but I had a great weekend with Michelle and her family. It was such a blessing to be able to spend the weekend with family and enjoy her and her family's fun company.
Not-So-Good:
I'm having a hard time getting going in the mornings. I've overslept more times than I've arisen on time, and I'm frustrating myself. I haven't given up, though.
Good:
I worked out and registered for my Fall 2009 class schedule. I put the Excel skills granted me by ISYS 100 and made a colorful spreadsheet to plan out my weekly layout of work and class. I'm happy with what I came up with, and sometimes even re-open my Excel file just to admire it's organization and the promise it holds. It was exciting to realize that after this year, most of my generals will be out of the way, so next year I just have to finish up a few of those and take the rest of my prerequisites for the Finance or Accounting programs. I also threw in Food Preparation in the Home as a fun class. It fulfills no requirements, but I will get to cook for three hours every Friday afternoon. ShamWow!
Not-So-Good:
After constructing a great work schedule around my classes, the Physics Department alerted the student workers that from now on, they will be picking our schedules. Lame. I don't think what they arrange will be much different from what I had planned, but I'll definitely miss the freedom and power of picking my own schedule.
Good:
Two weeks from now, I'll be home for the summer! I have much to pack into boxes and into my brain before then, but soon, Stats will be a thing of the past, and I'll be onto four months of wonderful summer. I was planning out my studying and finals schedule (none of mine are scheduled, so I get to take them anytime from this Friday to next Wednesday) and realized that I could be finished by Tuesday morning if I make good use of reading days this Wednesday and Thursday. (Reading days are when we have no classes, but no finals also.) My toughest are going to be Stats and Econ, but I think I could get in plenty of study time early on so my last few days here can be spent with friends and packing up.
What are your Good and Not-So-Goods?
What were/are your toughest finals?
Do you too receive great pleasure for well-constructed plans and schedules?
What were/are your toughest finals?
Do you too receive great pleasure for well-constructed plans and schedules?
8 comments:
Good-I have a new design project in Las Vegas!
Not so good--it's a hideous theme of RED BUTTERFLIES!!! Yes,you heard me right. All I can say is that at least it won't be a local project that people will recognize as mine!!
Whatever, it will be an adventure!
Im liking the idea of being done with finals by Tuesday!:)
Good-I leave for Provo in about a week!
Not so good-Applewood Ward is dead:(.
PS-Im a fan of the semi-new background.
Good - I had a great Easter and enjoyed having you and Charlotte over. The kids are on Spring break!
Not so good - I seem to be coming down with a cold and the stupid fridge still isn't fixed...
The hardest final I can remember was philosophy. I didn't take stats!
I do take delight in well-constructed plans and schedules. And I have been known to sit and gaze at a completed organization project.
Good- you are coming home and I am excited to see you! (I can't believe that your freshman year is almost over- time as flown by!)
Not so good- I won't see you at church any more, since the Applewood ward was sliced and diced. But that does not mean that I won't see you, it just means it will take greater effort!
Good luck on finals!
Good: last day of class tomorrow.
Not-so-good: have to finish 10-page Tolstoy paper by last day of class tomorrow.
Ah.
Good: I finished a giant sculpture project over break.
Not-so-good: I get a new giant sculpture project in 4 hours.
I'm also a fan of the new background! You are so almost done with school! Yay! Good luck packing all that info into your brain!
Good: "Two weeks from now, I'll [you'll] be home for the summer!"
Not-so-good: I have to design and install a VERY large portrait wall before Saturday morning.
Of course, you already know how much I enjoy a well-constructed schedule--even more so if it looks pretty on paper!
Post a Comment