Tuesday, March 1, 2011

swamped

My week is a crazy one. The Jr. Core eases up on the course load this semester, so I'm working on projects and with organizations outside of accounting classes, which is very nice. More on those to come, but for now, I'm trying to keep my head above water for the next two weeks.


This is a screen shot of my schedule. It may seem obsessive to some to color-code my entire week, but I find that it helps me visual where my time should be allocated, which is important when time is scarce. This is one of those weeks when I will not be able to dedicate as much time as I would prefer to any one task. It's shaping up to be a week when I wish I could forgo sleeping and eating because they take up too much time. (Notice that meals are not on my schedule. I usually devote some color-coded time to them, but this week, they will have to squeeze in wherever they can.)

Is your week a crazy one, too? I feel like this time of the year brings on crazy for many people. 

6 comments:

EWilliams said...

My typical week looks very similar! iCal is a wonderful thing.

Claire said...

Beware the CRAZY WEEK RAGE!!!
I feel you, though my week is not nearly as bad. You can get through it!

michelle said...

That certainly does look crazy! I like the color-coding, I think it helps to visualize the blocks of time. No time for meals, though? I hope you're squeezing them in somewhere!

Charlotte said...

I remember when my calendar looked similar. Now that those crazy school days are behind me, it stresses me out to look at a calendar like that. You can do it! Love you lots.

jt said...

I wish I had iCal, whatever that is. I had to zoom in to see the details of your week and was glad to see that your dad and Sarah were there over the weekend and that you allocated time for 1/2 price refills.
I too am glad those days are behind me, but unlike me, you will actually emerge with a degree. Lucky you.

Susan said...

I totally relate! In my case, I have three other people adding things to my calendar...sometimes they don't use the most common sense in doing so,actually, almost never! They seem to think I'm some kind of superwoman who can somehow pull it all off. Ugh.

Good luck on your week! I'll keep you in my prayers. You, on the other hand, are a true superwoman, and a styl'in one at that!