I'm in exams week number 5 of my Junior Core career. Jordin and I were going over our tax study guides while we fell asleep last night and took a break from cost recovery methods to crunch some stats. By the end of this year, we will have taken 18 exams. With an average test time of 2.25 hours, that means that we will have spent 40.5 hours taking very difficult tests. Awesome.
Jordin and I are both nursing runny noses this week. I keep my box of tissues at the kitchen table where we study, and we have little piles of used tissues accumulating. This morning I went to grab a tissue from one of these piles and asked, in my stuffed-up, sickly voice, "Are these mine or yours?" It was a little pathetic.
Exams weeks bring out desperate thoughts and ideas. I find myself thinking, "Surely, I can go one night without sleeping and still make it through the week." These thoughts are quickly quieted when I remember that I needed a nap halfway through the afternoon yesterday even though I got a solid 7 hours of sleep the night before. So I keep studying as much as I can, drinking Diet Pepsi, and taking an occasional nap on top of my textbook.
This weekend, I'm going to sleep, make real food, and knit.
6 comments:
And yet you took a moment to post an update! What a blogging champ! I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing.
It just doesn't seem right that you two would be under the weather during exams week. Darn.
If you should feel like leaving your apartment this weekend, we're having a family birthday dinner for me on Sunday...
Can you arrange to pick me up for the family dinner at Michelle's?
Hang in there Em. And no, don't go an entire night without sleep. :) Sending happy thoughts your way.
I'm nursing a runny/stuffy nose, too. And I have considered the feasibility of skipping sleep altogether.
Two weeks. Two weeks. . . .
You are a test taking fiend! I hope you can get better soon!
Yeah, can you pick me up on the way to Shell's as well? That would be great, thanks.
And I agree with Miranda, don't skip a night's sleep. Not worth it.
Remember, it's only a season!
Love you.
Miss you.
Post a Comment