Last year, I had a hard time accepting many aspects of college life. Everything about being home seemed so much better than student life, but this year, I'm okay with and even enjoying it! Tonight, I spent three hours reading from textbooks, taking notes, and studying for and taking online quizzes. When my brain felt sufficiently full of the Doctrine and Covenants, nutrition, competitive advantage, and international accounting news, I took a quick dinner break. Though at home, I eat fantastically well, I was completely satisfied with my can of green beans and can of Diet Pepsi. I heated, buttered, and salted my beans, put them in one of my cute thrift store bowls, and ate them with my preferred utensil: chopsticks. I'm so grateful that this year I'm enjoying college life. It must be the fact that I'm finally out of the dorms and feel like a real college student, but I love my independence, simple meals, and the joys of having a flat of Diet Pepsi under my bed.


7 comments:
I think those are some of the recent jewels? I could be wrong. I can't remember!!
I'm going to try your green beans dinner! It sounds very point worthy and I can be like Anne of Green Gables and "imagine them to be the sweetest beans from Grandpa's garden, cooked just so with a pat of butter". It sounds good, actually...and extremely easy. Good suggestions.
Who did you wrangle into taking those photos?! Wouldn't you rather have a Zero?
Happy apartment dwelling!
I love your photo documentation (it was taken by your computer's camera, right?) and indeed I recognize your cute accessories as Susan Cast-Offs, and as your mother I highly approve of a vegetable dinner!
Good on all counts! You're awesome.
Glad you're having fun. That's what it's all about!
That's some dinner. I love the photo-documentation. I'm so glad you're enjoying college life more now!
I am so glad this year is going better than last year for you! Ah college cuisine!
Hey Emily, will you email me your mailing address please? stuart_jill@hotmail.com
Those are probably the sweetest little shoes that I ever did see! =) I think our common love for adorable footwear remains unchanged Em! Just thought you should know that I too broke in a pair of flats yesterday, but it was a pair I've had since high school and they really hurt to wear again...wierd right? Anyway, but yea... I feel your pain... literally!
Post a Comment