Monday, August 3, 2009

Dust, Dander, and Dandelions, Oh My!


You know it's allergy season when:

You fall asleep with a tissue (Puffs, of course, because they are superior to any other brand) or two in hand because by the time your allergy medication wears off you can barely breathe because your nose is so stuffed up. When you make the bed in the morning, you pull out a few flattened tissues from between the sheets and from the sides of the mattress.

You are constantly itchy, especially when you forget to take your Zyrtec or when it starts to wear off.

You stay inside on lawn-mowing day.

You can't taste your breakfast because your nose is completely plugged up and the morning decongestant hasn't kicked in yet.

You always have a stash of Puffs in your purse, because without it, you end up blowing your nose with scratchy toilet paper from the bathroom at work. (What office doesn't have tissues?!)

You occasionally look overly-emotional when your eyes decide to water uncontrollably.

You get panicky if you forget to take Alavert-D each morning, because that little pill is your lifeline to a day of blissful breathability.

You are grateful for modern allergy medicine, Puffs, and years of allergy season survival under your belt, because you know you can survive another.

How do you survive allergy season?
What is your preferred brand of tissues?

9 comments:

Serin said...

Have you tried my mom's patented Vitamin C, B-Complex and lots of water?

Claire said...

I personlly enjoy using the kleenex with lotion tissues. The Lotion really helps to keep one's delicate nose from getting upset with constant wiping and blowing.

Shiny said...

-How do you survive allergy season?
>I don't. I am basically murdered by allergies every spring and fall, and, thanks to this sloppy, soaked Seattle weather, I have been slowly tortured to death this summer. Zyrtec is my saving grace:) It's the only medicine that allows me to breathe, even if it is for a few blissful hours in the day.
I hate allergies. I, quite literally, feel your pain.

michelle said...

Puffs are the only way to go for me. There's no going back. Sorry to hear about your allergy woes -- a stuffy nose is so miserable.

paws said...

I agree with Petey.

Charlotte said...

Gotta love Puffs! And I hate allergy season because I wake up with your tissues in the bed. Hahaha.

Denise said...

We should have continued our allergy regime at Dr. Seigel's. . . .

Susan said...

Puff Plus! Nothing else will do.

Diana said...

I haven't yet learned how to survive my allergies. I even had sinus surgery last year and I still have horrible allergies!