Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mom!

It is way past 10:00, but I made a 10-6 exception tonight for my Mom's birthday. She is 46 today, which always takes me off guard; it's weird to think that my parents are closer to 50 than 40. I would like to focus, however, what I love about my Mom. Being away, I missed out on the Wood family tradition of going around the table, sharing what we love about the birthday person, so I'm sharing it now. I already told Mom, but I want everyone to know. It's always hard to narrow it down to just one thing each year, but this is what especially stands out to me right now in my life.

My Mom is beautiful. She is definitely a primper--for which I am grateful, as she has taught me much in the makeup department--but she is by no means vain. Her beauty cannot be attributed to her skin care regimen, lighted makeup mirror, and great hair stylist. Her beauty comes from her dedication to the gospel, her commitment to her family and temple covenants, and her relationship with and love for the Savior. Even though I've been away for most of this last year, her beauty still reaches, inspires, and strengthens me each day, and that is such a gift.

Mom, you are one of my greatest gifts. I love you so much and am so grateful to have your beauty and light in my life. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that you had such a great day. =)

4 comments:

Denise said...

What a treat for me to wake up and read both Charlotte's and your blog! I feel like I'm the lucky one here. Thank you for your sweet post.

Charlotte said...

We have the best mom ever in the whole entire world :)

Susan said...

And that's the truth!!!

michelle said...

Yes, ditto!! She is so very beautiful in every way.