I've been contemplating lately what I want to do with my winter wardrobe, and I've decided that I want to add boots to my everyday shoe wardrobe. I am fully against Ug boots, and all similar styles, but I can see myself rocking a pair of slouchy boots this winter. I can already picture the outfits I could create with my skinny jeans and slouchy boots, or a wintery skirt and said boots. Thus comes my dillema. I've never bought boots before, and don't know which ones are scary and which ones are acceptable. Help! Oh, Petersen women, (and anyone else with an opinion on shoes) I call for your aid in selecting the perfect boots for this season!
I've done a little online looking, and found a couple options. On the whole, I prefer boots with heels, but I'm afraid that for everyday shoes for walking across campus, I need something flat. Here are a couple options:
I saw a girl on campus with boots similar to these, and liked them on her. My question, however, is if the buckles are too much? I don't mind them, but I could use a second opinion. I, of course, would get the grey, and the price on them is pretty reasonable. I'm looking at these more and more, however, and picturing my Mom's reaction, and it's looking more and more like when I thought the hippie dress at TJMaxx was a good idea. . .
I like this pair because they are metallic-ish. Again, grey would be my selection, but, again, I need a second opinion.
These boots are just gross. Why in the world would you pay $339.00 for something so heinous?
11 comments:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/46253821/c/103.html
I was looking to buy these the other day-- we live in different states so no one will notice if you buy them too. The heel is pretty reasonabl, and the buckle makes me think you might like them!
Oh dear. I confess my first thought of the buckle ones was, hippie elf! On the whole, flat boots are not my favorite, but I concede to your need for comfort. I defer to Susan on all matters like this--she always knows the most current trends--and of course you know that if hippie elf boots are really in style, then sign me up for a pair!
So relieved that the bottom pair is not under consideration. I was worried for a moment when I first glanced at the post.
I vote opition 3 for sure! :/
Haha I'm not really a fan of the buckles so I'm feeling the metalic-ish ones I think that would look way cute! I'm currently considering boots too because of the rain in Cape Town. Let us know what you choose though! :)
Personally I don't really like the boots but you know WAY MORE about fashion than i do. if you see potential in them then I say go for them.
I believe you can make anything look good on you you're so stylish.
Buckles...no. That is definitely akin to the hippie dress decision--no bueno. Hmmmm...
Hello......of course buckles are the way to go!!! I do wish they had some kind of little heel, though! Anytime I pick up a style type fashion magazine, it's all about buckles!! The flat plain ones look too much like a uniform....maybe some kind of law/police.....(!). Okay, so I guess you know I LOVE the buckles!! I do like metallic anything, but something about that one that just isn't right! I, myself have a small wardrobe of boots, all with heels. The lowest one I have is a metallic bronze cowboy boot. I gave them a rest last season, but revived them again must today!
Go on the Nordrom website and check out the styles! Just to give yourself an idea....Sometimes I've found the cutest shoes at Sears....for anyone but myself! They don't even consider a 4.5 is a real size for normal humans.....
Go for the buckles and go for the grey or black, which will go with virtually everything!!
I would never even think to consider that look a hippie boot! But I'm perfectly on target with your oppinion of uggs!! (One time I saw my stylish friend Linda wear some, and that is the only time that I could even give them the time of day!)
Maybe you should take one more look for something with a little tiny heel!! The pain might just be worth it. Keep me posted!
I knew Susan would give a nod to the buckles!
I too like the boots with the buckle and the gray is very cute and will go with anything.
I don't think it is too hippie-ish, but it all depends on what you put with it. If you are wearing a hippie-ish outfit then it will look more hippie-ish. (Ok, I am going to stop using that word.
I do agree with the the group and think boots are better with a heel, but I also understand the need for comfort. Only you can decide which is more important.
Good luck with your decision. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!
I'm shrugging my shoulders and rolling my eyes! What's there to not like about buckles?!!
Woohoo! I was tentatively liking the buckles, then I saw my mom's comments! How great that she concurs! I usually have to be told what's cool.
i don't knowm those boots were pretty hot. I have 5 pairs in different colors, lol
Post a Comment