In my second week of classes, I am adjusting more and more to the new classes, schedules, and living arrangements. I'm really enjoying my classes, especially Music Civ., which studies art, literature, and music of Ancient Greece up to the 1700's. My professor, Dr. Howard, is hilarious, and easy to understand. He is also from Australia, so his accent makes class all the more enjoyable. I also really love American Heritage, because we get to look at all the great things about America and all the divine influences that made our nation's founding possible. I've been able to keep up with the reading and assignments okay, but I need to work on committing the material more to memory so that I'll really know it for the tests.
Saturday was game day, and a fantastic one at that. I love wearing my blue and white, and going to the games with hundreds of other Cougar fans. I couldn't help but laughing to myself about the people sitting behind us in the stands. Clearly Blue-Blooded Alumni, the husband/wife fanatic duo commented several times on fellow spectators' level of Cougar Commitment. At one point, a girl walked up to our section wearing a pink tank top, talked on her cell phone for a while, chatted with some friends, then walked back down. The Ultimate Fans sitting behind us commented that "She's not here to see the game. She's here to be seen. She's here for the guys." Their comments and evaluations were pretty funny sometimes. Unlike the girl in the pink tank top, however, I wore my school colors and cheered along with the rest. It was a blast, especially since we tore apart UCLA 59 to 0. Woohoo!
After the game, I finished up my laundry, put the sheets back on my bed, and did some homework before meeting up with my friends for dinner at Noodles. I had the Wisconsin Mac n' Cheese and a grapefruit Izze. Mmm. Following dinner, we went over to Jessica's family condo in Provo and watched "Hitch," then ended the night with a late night Krispy Kreme run. Again: mmm.
After church today, Kristen, Jessica, and I had a Fiesta Sunday lunch of bean and cheese burritos. Melissa gave me a can of dehydrated refried beans for my birthday, so we reconstituted some, broke up some of my BYU Creamery cheese, and heated up our burritos for a delicious lunch. We had extra beans, so I assembled a few more burritos to store in the refrigerator for future lunches.
Now I'm going to paint my nails, read the "Lucky" magazine Mom sent me this week, and get ready for dinner at Charlotte's! Happy Sunday everyone!
5 comments:
I got a chuckle over the superfans sitting behind you at the game. I like your style, Emily -- I would be totally happy with those burritos for lunch!
I'm glad you had a stellar weekend! I was super glad you came over for a bit for dinner!
That game was a blast. I just loved that we demolished the Bruins.
Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun.
I love that YOU love Music Civ! Did you know that it was one of my favorite classes too! In fact my senior year I was a TA for that class. The best money I made on campus and the most fun.
I also love that you are wearing "appropiate" cougar fan attire. Reed would have made a similar comment about the girl in the pink top. Stupid girl... :)
Dad and I also wore our blue and white here at home--and Dad was in a pretty good mood after that game! I am happy to hear that you're enjoying your Music Civ class so much. Hopefully, you'll get your $300+ worth (from the books alone).
Love all your photos! Keep them coming.
Post a Comment