Saturday, June 11, 2011

urban adventures

Though this is my second summer working downtown, I haven't seen much of Denver that isn't along my walking route to and from the bus stop. I made some progress toward being an urbanite this week. 

Hannah met me downtown for lunch on Thursday. I usually take my lunch in the break room or at one of the tables outside by the building. It was nice to catch the 16th Street Mall bus and enjoy the weather and people-watching. We saw a group of Amish teenagers on rumspringa! This work week was really busy and felt really long, so it was great to leave the workplace entirely and enjoy time with such a good friend. 



I don't think there were any two more pale-complexioned friends in the city. For real.


The best part about my job is that I work nine hours Monday - Thursday and then only four on Friday. That means that at 11:00 a.m. on Fridays, my weekend has begun and I'm a free woman! I usually head right to the bus stop and then home, but last Friday, I explored.

And where else would I go to explore except the 7-Eleven across the street from my bus stop? I caught this bus all last summer and never realized that Big Gulps were waiting right across from me! It was exciting to cross a street I've never crossed before and look at Denver from an angle I've never seen.


This is that angle.


This is my Big Gulp.


This is me with my Big Gulp, looking at Denver from a new angle.

5 comments:

Jill said...

That's so funny that you didn't realize there was a 7-11 right across the street from you all last summer! Your inner Pepsi detector must have been off!

I would LOVE that work schedule! Having short Fridays would be glorious and make the weekend feel so much longer, woohoo for you!

michelle said...

I. love. this. post.

Claire said...

Way to explore!

Charlotte said...

Oh, I miss Denver so much. I love seeing pictures from downtown Denver. It's just so . . . Denver. And I love it. And I love you. And I love Pepsi.

Robin said...

I am world's most infrequent commenter, but this post makes me pine for Denver!! And...Illegal Petes??!? *piningtothemax* :)