So, imagine the thrill I received from the recent knock at the door and envelope on the doorstep addressed to ME from Amazon.com. I didn't order anything from Amazon. But Charlotte did! She sent me the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls at exactly the time I needed them. I realize that it's silly to be dependent upon a television show for moral support, but Gilmore Girls really is a comfort and joy to me. I watched the entire fourth season over the course of a few days this weekend. (Like I said, rough week.) I only have the third and fourth seasons and was so close to ordering another for myself but couldn't justify the splurge. But Charlotte did! Just for me!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
day maker
It's official. I have the BEST SISTER EVER! (I can't help but write in shouting capitals letters.) I've had a tough time this week adjusting to the new semester and some specific changes and challenges. On top of that, I'm home sick today with some variation of a flu bug.
So, imagine the thrill I received from the recent knock at the door and envelope on the doorstep addressed to ME from Amazon.com. I didn't order anything from Amazon. But Charlotte did! She sent me the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls at exactly the time I needed them. I realize that it's silly to be dependent upon a television show for moral support, but Gilmore Girls really is a comfort and joy to me. I watched the entire fourth season over the course of a few days this weekend. (Like I said, rough week.) I only have the third and fourth seasons and was so close to ordering another for myself but couldn't justify the splurge. But Charlotte did! Just for me!
I love that even though she isn't in Provo right now, she is in spirit. And the package came while we were chatting online! So excited. I feel so loved and blessed.
So, imagine the thrill I received from the recent knock at the door and envelope on the doorstep addressed to ME from Amazon.com. I didn't order anything from Amazon. But Charlotte did! She sent me the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls at exactly the time I needed them. I realize that it's silly to be dependent upon a television show for moral support, but Gilmore Girls really is a comfort and joy to me. I watched the entire fourth season over the course of a few days this weekend. (Like I said, rough week.) I only have the third and fourth seasons and was so close to ordering another for myself but couldn't justify the splurge. But Charlotte did! Just for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I love being with you in spirit (g-chat helps with that objective quite splendidly)! You're the BEST! Love you, Number One :) Like, a lot.
You lucky duck. I, too, am a fan.
Of course I am a fan of Gilmore Girls and totally understand the moral support they bring. And sisters. Love 'em. Love you.
Woohoo! Hooray for sisters! I feel sad that I didn't realize how down you were, but happy that Charlotte did and took action. Feeling close even though you are far apart is the best.
Gilmore Girls is the best. It has gotten me through a lot of rough days. Hooray for great siblings!
How sweet of her!
I love it when family comes through for you at just the right time. ^_^
I was thinking about you all week and really felt like I should send you a text....stupid me, I knew their was a reason! I am so sad that you have had a bad week , I hope you feel better soon!
How awesome of Charlotte! Seriously that is great. I have the Wood Women to thank for my addiction to Gilmore Girls. They are great for all occasions~ sick in bed, endless amounts of laundry to fold, mountians of dishes to wash or a night on the couch. :)
Love you and miss you. Next time I feel prompted to text you, I will!
What a perfectly timed gift of thoughtfulness!
Yea. Sisters are the best. Especially your mom! I just got a little teary missing her just this moment.
Hope you will be in good spirits now.
p.s....a few cash and carry items to send out when I can get to it!
Sisters are the BEST! I love how close the two of you are, and how connected you manage to stay, despite the miles that separate you. I also love seeing a smile on your pretty face! Hope this week is an improvement over last--for you and for me!
Post a Comment