Thursday, July 2, 2009

Three Cheers!

The King Soopers employees can keep their jobs, because I, Emily Wood, am employed! The temp agency called yesterday with a part time job helping a small company in North Denver catch up on their filing. I'll work three days a week, 4 hours a day, and I get to pick my schedule. As a bonus, the office is just a 15 minute drive from home. The pay is great and the flexible schedule will let me keep my cleaning and babysitting jobs and still do whatever other odd jobs come my way. It really is the perfect job to get me through the rest of the summer and help me be financially set for this fall. I am so grateful for all the jobs I've had this summer and for all the friends and family who have been on the watch for me. I had just about given up on finding anything regular, so getting this job was such a relief and answer to prayer. "Filing Clerk" will now be added to my list of summer employment, which also includes: house-cleaning, chauffering, babysitting, front desking, and training to be a scab. I'm so excited about this job!!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

HotDog!!

Turn first to prayer...
I'm happy for you! And, that company has no idea what a gem they just hired!

michelle said...

Excellent news!! I'm so glad you found work that fits with your schedule and will help you meet your goals.

training to be a scab, eh? too funny.

April said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you to finally have a job. :) It sounds like the perfect job for you,too.

P.S. If I don't get to see you in three days, happy early birthday! :)

Jill said...

Congratulations, what a perfect job job!

Diana said...

sounds so perfect yay!

Denise said...

". . . so getting this car was such a relief and answer to prayer." Car? What car? Did I miss something? Car? I want a new car, too!