Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making Do

Due to my camera screen being tragically destroyed in a backpack smashing incident last semester, so I have been relying on the cameras of others to fill my documentation needs. Unfortunately, Kristen and her camera were not nearby at work today while I was taking down the Valentine's decorations to make way for the St. Patrick's Day plastic garlands, creepy porcelain dolls, and new Goose for All Seasons leprechaun get-up. In perusing Facebook, however, I found some good pictures from others to provide overdue documentation of new clothes from Christmas, life here at the Y, and yes, Susan-approved Jedi Boots.

Me, Kristen, and Kimberly all happened to match for church on the first Sunday back from break, so we took the opportunity to pose in front of the snowy mountains. You can even see the construction of the new student center in the background! Note my new $15 Banana Republic shirt and $18 Gap skirt!

I couldn't resist snapping a self-portrait while I had brief possession of a camera.

Our friend Rick stopped by for one last visit the night before he went into the MTC, so this is us keeping our respectful distance from newly set-apart Elder Fenton. If you find yourself looking into the church in Alaska, you may be lucky to meet him! Notice here my purple sweater from Mom, and yes, the Jedi Boots! (see below for a better boot shot)

The guys were impressed by my collar. What can I say? It takes style to pull off a collar like that. ;) See here the full view of the Jedi Boots in action. This photo, unfortunately, doesn't show the cute drawstring around them, but you hopefully get the effect.

My future home, The Elms!

We snapped this picture in an apartment we looked at in Monticello after a long day of apartment-hunting. (What is it with Mormon college students and having keyboards in their apartments? I swear, we saw at least three. Maybe I'm the weird one, but there was no room for even a miniature piano in any of the apartments we checked out.) On the far left you'll see Jordin, my future roommate, making her first appearance on my blog! She's from Preston Idaho, and went to the same high school as Napoleon Dynamite. Yeah, she's that cool.

Future roomies, showing the adverse effects of Brick Oven root beer accompanied by the cookie, ice cream, hot fudge, and caramel sundae. Though these menu items prove delicious on their own, we warn against combining the two. Not good.

There you have it. That was a taste of my life right now through the cameras of others. Soon to come: pictures of this last weekend's trip to Bountiful and documentation of the best mail day ever! For now, I'm going to study statistics, then Music 202 a little more. I have my ID midterm tomorrow, and have been listening to Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn, and Handel all day, occasionally supplemented by The Fray's new cd, of course. It feels pretty cool to be able to distinguish the different movements of Mozart's Night Music, though. If all goes well, I might even be able to start last night's episode of 24 before it's time to go to bed. May you too have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Denise said...

My camera works again! It's been miraculously healed!! Sorry you haven't had as much luck with yours.... Love to see your documentation.

michelle said...

I'm curious about that new album by the Fray!

It's fun to get a peek into your life. But man, oh man, can't someone please document the St. Patty's decorations???

michelle said...

p.s. that Brick Oven dessert sounds suspiciously like The Pizza Factory's Never on Sundae. Even split with a friend it is a true indulgence.

Susan said...

yes, I'm with Michelle on wanting to see those decos....and what's with the "duck for all seasons"? Photos, please. I suggest that you ask Timm how to get Nan to spring for a new camera! From what I've heard, it's a real possibility!!

I'm still chuckeling at the photo of one cute girl (Emily) and 5 men! Way to go! and your new roommate looks very cute!

And yes, I approve of the Jedi boots, but as I recall, your Mom's words were (to the salesman, who by the way thought we were just plain crazy) "Are these too Jedi"? So, are they?

Love the look into your college world. Let me know how the requitsition goes for a new camera!
(Timm knows the way.....)

Diana said...

You look like you are always having so much fun.