Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Random Updates, Thoughts, Plans

Can I just say how more I love studying art and music than memorizing facts about rocks and stars? I actually enjoy memorizing how to recognize art from Rembrandt, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Ucello, Durer, Cimabue, El Greco, Giotto, and Vermeer. Hmmm? Art and music, or plate tectonics and the life cycle of a star? Tough call.

I took my last physical science midterm last night, and I only have the final before I can forget all about that stupid class. I don't do very well on the tests, (my highest score was an 83, and it was on the first, and easiest test) but it's because I would have to spend way more time memorizing and drilling concepts than I want to devote to a dumb GE. What was the most frustrating GE you ever took?

So, last Tuesday I declared it an official "Do the Bare Minimum of Homework and Get into the Christmas Spirit" day. It was AWESOME! After a long day of work and class I picked up Charlotte and we went to Target, which is officially my favorite place for therapeutic errand-running. I always come out of Super Target feeling happy, whether it's due to the 12-pack of Coke Zero in my shopping bag, or in this case, the Christmas tree and sparkly decorations I came out with. I bought a pre-lit, 3-foot tree for just $25, and I bought a box of small, sparkly, round ornaments in green, red, pink, aqua, and silver. Perfect. I also bought some white and green sparkly snowflake ornaments, and Charlotte bought me a bright sprig (I don't know what else to call it) to stick at the top of my tree.

When I got home, I had the suite all to myself, so I turned on the latest episode of "Chuck" and decorated my very first Christmas tree! I felt pure holiday joy, and now every time I come home to my tree after a long day, it brings me happiness and peace. One of my friends said that "It's an Emily tree!" I agree, seeing as I even tied together some of my ribbons in colors that match the ornaments to make a garland. Channeling Mom and Susan's decorating that week, I primped my tree, wove in my garland, and hung my ornaments two-to-a-hook.

This picture doesn't really do it justice, seeing as my camera screen cracked while it was in my schoolbag, so I can't see what my pictures look like until I put them onto my computer. I'll borrow Charlotte's camera soon so I can do justice to my colorful, spunky tree. I'm pretty much in love.

5 comments:

paws said...

Are you taking Descriptive Astronomy? I thought that class was super tough, so I was super proud of my A.

Susan said...

Yep, it looks lika an Emily tree, alright! You go girl, two to a hook! One of my great tricks!

It looks way cute, creative and unique! Good going, seems like we have all been on the same page with tree decorating! I like it.

michelle said...

Fabulous! It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit without a cute tree and sparkly lights to look at.

My worse GE class was American Heritage for sure. But I never did take Biology, so who knows?

Denise said...

Your tree is way cute! (We forgot to go back to the Christmas section at Target yesterday so you could show me your decorations. . .). You definitely have mad decorating skills.

Diana said...

oh my I love that tree!