Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Votes Are In!



I went for a slouchy, buckled pair that I found in a little store in University Mall for $34. I saw them just as we entered the mall, and knew it was fate. I like to think that they found me. The store reminded me of China Town because there were no shelves, just stacks and stacks of shoe boxes. This meant that finding one's desired size required much digging through and toppling over of boxes and display shoes. There was not open seating, so I had to try on my boots while standing up and leaning awkwardly against an unstable stack of shoe boxes. I was on a mission, though, and I got my boots. They made their debut at church today, and I look forward to experimenting with them with skinny jeans and skirts this week. I've entered the world of boots, and I'm never going back!

Here's a closer view, in which you can see them in greater detail. The color is true charcoal, for it is dark, but not black, but not grey. I love that they have a heel, and it's not too high or too skinny, so they will not hinder campus traversing. I love them!


I have studied more this week than I ever have in my life. I've been so blessed, though, because I've actually enjoyed my week. I love the satisfaction of walking out of the library after focusing on something for three hours and thinking about how much more I have accomplished than when I walked in. I had papers for Music 201 and American Heritage due this week, and tests for ELang and Book of Mormon. This coming week, I have my hardest tests, which are in American Heritage and Physical Science. However, since I was focusing on the things I had due last week, I didn't get started on my studying for these harder tests until this weekend. Therefore, I pulled a Friday night study session in the library for three hours. I felt super lame, but got some good studying in. It was especially important for me to get a head start this weekend, though, because Saturday was game day, which eats up a lot of potential study time.

That being said, Saturday, Jessica and I went to the last home football game of the season. Since the beginning of the year, we have worked our way down from our seats at the very top of the stadium. Our tickets still say we should be up there, but we have friends who have closer seats, so we just sit with them. It's all benches anyway, so it's easy to fit extras into the row, especially when they are as fun as we are! :)


We got some "last time in the stadium" shots, and had a lot of fun. Andrew, the guy on the right, realized that since all the guys will go on missions next year, they won't be back in the stadium for three years! Whoa! I'm going to miss our guys so much next year; it's weird to think about them all being gone, and then coming back when we're seniors. Weird. I love that they're all planning on serving missions. I get so excited for missionaries and love doing missionary work. For the last few years I've loved the idea of serving a mission myself. Kristen, Kimberly, and I went with some guys from our ward to the call center at the Missionary Training Center, and it was so cool being in there! I'm such a dork, but I just get so excited about missionary work! My friend from home got his call to Cordoba, Argentina, and two of friends here already have their calls for Alaska and Anaheim. Way to go, guys!

After our shopping trip, we went to the library (not to study this time) because we heard that they were showing "The Sixth Sense" and "The Others" in the auditorium. To our dismay, our information was incorrect, but we were able to rent out a viewing room upstairs and watch "The Others" online. I love the adventures I have on campus with my friends. Last night, Tyler and I made a trip over to the JKB for vending machine treasures. Armed with our friends' id cards, we braved the confusing labyrinth that is the layout of the Jessie Knight Building. We decided that it's like Hogwarts, in that the staircases move, because nobody could possibly design a building to be that confusing. We found our way into the proper wing on the proper floor, and filled all the orders.

So, how do you smuggle this:
many beverages up to the fourth floor of the library?

Simple. You thank your lucky stars that you come from a family that values large purses.

We still maneuvered past the security guards with caution, but our mission was successful, and I got enjoy the movie with my Sprite Zero. Ah, refreshing.

The library plays loud music at quarter to midnight every night to rid themselves of all studious stragglers, and last night, the selection was especially happy. I thoroughly enjoyed myself by dancing my way down the stairs and out the building, rejoicing in a fun, productive, weekend, good friends, and a good life.

6 comments:

thepostproducer said...

I miss you Emily. You and your oversized purses and crazy dancing and love of shopping... It looks like you've had a dynamite week though!

michelle said...

I love seeing your campus adventures, it brings back fond memories.

Hang on -- the library plays a selection of music at closing time?? In my day, it was the theme from Hawaii 5-O every time!

You look adorable in your new boots.

charlotte said...

I'm so glad you had such a good week--it makes me want to make my crazy weeks dynamite too!

Susan said...

Okay, I'm seriously loving the boots! Great choice, the color and the buckles!!

Your photos are so fun to look at and I feel like I'm not getting too far behind !! Your friends are all WAY cute! And you are WAY WAY too cute!! It seems like college life is agreeing with you! Sweet.

I can see that you are filled with the Spirit because you are beautiful in every photo. Honestly, even if I am your Aunt!

Hey, I love the white border around your photos! Tutorial, please! As you know, I'm a newcomber to blogging, not to mention most computer issues!

Good news, everything!

Denise said...

I also love vicariously enjoying your campus adventures, and I love seeing how happy and pretty you look.

Even back in MY day ('81-'85), the library closing music was the theme song to Hawaii 5-O, a television detective show from the 60's/70's I'm certain you've never seen.

Way to have a Shamtastically productive week!

Denise said...

Oh, and I love your boots! Can't wait to see them in person (10 more days, after today!!!).