Facing the second semester of my senior year of high school, I am trying to make the most out of the time I have left living at home and going to school where I am at the top before everything changes next year. My goals include:
1. Making up for the past year and a half of seminary tardies by turning waking up on time into a habit. I'm going for 21 days in a row, because a P.E. substitute I had in elementary school told our class that it takes that long to form a habit. I feel so much better in the morning when I wake up before 5, than when I wait until the last second, hurry to get ready, and walk into seminary late, then suffer the angry glares of the boy across from me because he was on time, but I have cocoa and Frosted Mini Wheats.
2. Make up for the past 3 and a half years of giving the sacrament meeting hymns to the organist at the last minute by picking them at the beginning of each week, or month if I feel especially ambitious.
I can't remember many specific goals that I made at the beginning of the month, but my main hope for this semester is that I can become more of who the Lord wants me to be. I am always amazed by how much He gave me by sending me to my faithful, wonderful family, my healthy body, and blessing me with a testimony, and many opportunites for growth. I want to make the most of what I have and who I am. I want to be awesome!
6 comments:
Hooray! You have a blog!
It sounds like you have some worthy goals. I've been wondering if I should set monthly goals, since I have a tendency to set too many big ones and then get overwhelmed...
Regarding photos: ever since Blogger upgraded, I started having problems with vertical photos being sideways. The only solution I know of is to upload my photos to my smugmug account and then download them from there! Maybe you can try flickr or another free photo storage place. Or search Blogger help?
As far as deleting them, I can help you there. Sometimes if you click on the photo in your Compose mode, it doesn't want to delete (sometimes it does). If it won't, click on the Html tab and select the photo code, then delete.
p.s. way to go starting out your blog with a cool banner!
Your blog look is awesome! If you rotate your pictures in the photo application on the computer, then it should upload the same way. And I have no idea how to change the largeness of your photo. I think you're awesome and your goals are great ones, with the right motivations behind them. I'm so excited you have a blog!
Cool-a blog for Emily!
emily! your blog is hecka cool! (sorry about the californian accent, it hasn't worn off yet.)
Yeah, what a start you have.
Post a Comment