Monday, October 4, 2010

a new tradition


On the phone today, Mom and I talked about what we were doing for Grandma's birthday tomorrow. It turns out that we have the exact same plans in mind, and we also decided to invite you all to join in!

For all those who knew CJP and benefited from wisdom, love, and culinary talents, feel free join us in the new tradition of baking a cake on her birthday, October 5.

I'm going to make chocolate cake with White Mountain frosting, which is what she made for my birthday many times.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

I think I'll make a yellow cake with white fluffy frosting. And I'm going to work on editing her personal history. I think that would be a fitting way to commemorate her birthday.

Miranda said...

Ummm...I love this. I'm in. I'm making Edith James cake because it was the first thing your grandmother taught me how to make.

Denise said...

I'm going to make either Ding Dong Cake or Chocolate Angelfood (because both of those can be frozen and used for Thursday's pre-wedding dinner).

michelle said...

Fabulous idea! I hope I can find the time to squeeze in a cake today!

Serin said...

I'm trying to decide if a box cake would be more of an insult then a tribute. I never learned how to make a cke from scratch, but I do love CJP!

Susan said...

I like your thinking! I wish I would have read this in time, but I will make it a point for next year.Your mom has the perfect idea for banking cakes! Perfect.

I spent many thoughts today missing and loving my mother. She was a wonderful woman.*sigh*